Saturday, November 6, 2010

"That's Me Trying"...

...to not be depressed about this week's episode of Grey's. And honestly... not that depressed... After writing this, I'm going to go for a run while listening to "Born to Run" (the Rizzoli & Isles episode, not the Springsteen song), and then have a Diet Coke. Life is good. Well, not for everyone at Seattle Grace/Mercy West...

*Okay, adorable family photo action!

*Meredith Grey Voice-Over: "Question: When was the last time a complete stranger took off her clothes in front of you..."
Um, how do we make this happen?
"...pointed to a big purple splotch on her back and asked, 'What the hell is this thing?'"
Okay, ew. Never mind. Keep that to yo'self.
*Oy! Those food choppers are brilliant!

Callie doesn't really know what's going on here...

Seriously, if I saw JCap selling that on TV or in the mall... I would buy all of them.

Yeah, Mark... I'm oddly turned on by that too.

*Callie is not happy about packing, seeing her cookware being handed off, or hearing the sound of 'three years in Malawi.' Foreshadowing!

And I'm right there with you, Calliope. Well, on everything except the packing. I love packing. But people giving away my cookware? No, no.
*Arizona can already sense the turning of the tides.

*Okay, Teddy. I even like you when you’re not hanging out with Arizona now. And that’s sayin’ somethin’ because I really, really, REALLY didn’t like Kim Raver before. But look at her, looking out for Cristina, trying to be patient, but also pushing her when she needs to be pushed.

But I still think her face is too skinny…
*I thought this girl was adorable.

*"Any joke that starts with an animal walking into a bar is scientifically unfunny."

And that's why I love Cristina Yang.

She's pretty when she's grumpy.

I want that octopus!!! And that woman... Dude, those children are really freaking crafty and talented. I could not make any of those things. But then I'm neither crafty nor talented.
Amazing line (after Arizona said the kids wanted her to take pictures of their crafts in Africa): “You’d be surprised how often you find yourself in need of a macaroni face glued to a paper plate.”

Adorable.
*Yeah, Chief, you’re actually right for once... No one wants to hear your problems. Especially when they involve passive-aggressively bullying Callie into staying at the hospital.

*Cristina should definitely get a pass on this activity. She rocked out a real trauma surgery.

But seriously, it makes me feel awkward, open, and vulnerable to see her like this. Because Cristina and I are the same person. Therefore, she really needs to get her ish together.
P.S. Owen is really good husband.
*
Callie: I'll be building bones from dirt. I'll be figuring out how to create unbreakable joints out of blood diamonds. I'll be making artificial limbs out of elephant ivory.
Mark: I'm pretty sure a couple of those would be frowned upon by the world community.
Callie: Whatever.


Science isn't about making friends.


Lexie: It's really hard to manage your roots when you're committed to the psych ward.
Mark: Psych ward...
Lexie: It happens.
As depressing as this episode was, it was also really funny.

*Mark throws Calzona a going-away party.

What the hell kind of turnout is that?
*The difference between Arizona and Callie:

Arizona: You threw us a party!
Callie: Um, this is a party?
*I'm convinced that it's the Chief who broke up Calzona.

Mark: Do you wanna see us give a lady a really big ass?
Callie: Oh my God, yes.
*Okay, April. I liked your virgin freak-out. This one... this is the reason I originally thought that you were going to be the one that shoots up the hospital. Calm it down.

Callie: If you get on that plane, if you go without me, we are done. Do you hear me? We are over.
Arizona: We are standing in the middle of an airport screaming at each other. We’re already over.

And this what heartbreak looks like:

*And Cristina quits...

Does the fact that I was most depressed about Cristina quitting mean I'm a bad lesbian or a good Asian?

Depressed?
Well... here's a little reminder of what happened the last time Calzona broke up:


Coming tomorrow: Hotties

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Lexie this ep. Totally.

Doom Kitteh said...

Gah, Lexie was hilarious and April... she gets a liiiiittle more likable each ep.

The Chief was such an Ass. SUPER. and yes, breakup was so his fault.

nicole said...

it doesn't make you a bad lesbian i was shocked more by christina quitting, i know calzona will get back together at some point (they have to) but what about christina?!
great now we have to avoid airports too!

MormonLesbian said...

I actually didn't like April in this episode... It took her down a notch for me. Yes, she's an interesting character, but I thought, "Ew, calm down."

Cristina is coming back. No worries there. But I really need it to happen soon.

nicole said...

speaking from the perspective of a crew person; actual children did not make those crafts, it was definitely adults.

MormonLesbian said...

Well, of course real children didn't make them! Just sayin'...

cameron_sarah said...

OMG that break up wasn't for realz, was it?! D: Somesome garentee me they weill get back together! :'(

MormonLesbian said...

Shonda has said that they were as made for each other as MerDer. So, just keep watching!

jesse said...

In the first screencap with the family photos, I wonder if that was JCap's kid and Sara Ramirez's boyfriend IRL....?

MormonLesbian said...

Yeah, that's what I guessed.