2010 Resolutions in Review1. Only eat red meat once a month and no poultry or pork products. I was so dynamite at this one!!! ...until November... But seriously, I ate fish, rice, and a spinach salad pretty much every day this year. But then November came... And I remembered that bacon is delicious. And so is Mexican food. And vegetarian Mexican food is usually not worth it. And the best Mexican restaurants are too sketchy for you to buy fish products.
2. My sister and I both got Julia Child's cookbook for Christmas last year and we wanted to have a dinner party and cook something from it once a month. It happened two months out of the twelve... Fail.
3. Blog regularly. Oh my goodness, I totally did this! Just not in the way I had expected... I used to have a personal blog, which has since died. And then this blog... has taken over my life. In the best way possible :) But I did blog regularly this year!!!
4. Write more. I don't even want to talk about how horribly I failed at this resolution...
5. Run every day. Yeah... winters in Utah are sluts. I am not going to go running in the snow. And shoot, I am not going to go running at the stroller rink at school... When there wasn't snow though, I ran my face off.
6. Cut down on cussing. Well... shit.
7. Be more assertive. Some days are better than others. Some days, I'm a normal human being person. Others, well, I'm a scared little girl.
8. Get my mind out of the gutter. Yeah... I have since decided to embrace the fact that I'm a pervy old man.
9. Be more selective about the rated R movies I see. This was part of my attempt to be a better Mormon this year... I did do this though. Well, my original goal was to axe all of them. And then I remembered that I had to see Up in the Air because Jason Reitman is a god. And then Julianne Moore had a million and a half amazing films come out this year (e.g., The Kids are All Right and The Private Lives of Pippa Lee). I don't even know why I chose to try and do this... but I did.
10. Make a friend. I made several friends! I am super excited/thrilled about this :D
Resolutions for 20111. Only eat red meat once a month and still no poultry. Seriously, bacon is delicious. Never giving that up again...
2. Write more, seriously. I would say that I want to finish at least one of my current projects, but I need to set realistic goals for myself.
3. [This resolution has been removed because it pisses off people who don't understand the concept of 'skinny fat.']
4. Be more assertive and more decisive.
5. Blog ahead of time. Ideally, I'd like to write a week's worth of posts on Saturday... (ha!)
6. Drink less soda. My dependency on Diet Coke is getting out of control... and expensive.
7. Make out with at least three different people and/or get a girlfriend. (This resolution was forced upon me by my sister)
8. Expand the BYU gay underground.
9. Be better at my correspondence, blog-wise and friend-wise. Right now, I'm a terrible person/friend.
11. Make a new friend. I had to do this again because I love all of my new friends I made this year (like YOU!) and I definitely wouldn't mind a few more.
So, do you have any New Year's resolutions?
Have a fun and safe New Year's, kids!
P.S. Awesome hottie-filled post is coming tomorrow! !!!