They misnamed this week's Rizzoli & Isles episode... But still, full of delightful little lesbian subtext.
First, last week's episode... Isles invites Rizzoli as her "plus one." Although the episode didn't show where the two went shopping for Rizzoli together and Isles watched her in varying states of undress in the dressing room. But really, after Rizzoli's little comment that she felt like she was at junior prom, Isles definitely gave Rizzoli a look that said she wanted to get laid after this "prom."
So, the "lesbian" episode. Some more pessimistic people fail to see the better aspects of this episode. I choose to "always look on the bright side of life."
1. Isles coerced Rizzoli into attending a yoga class to help make her more, well, flexible. *wink*
2. Rizzoli is obviously irritated at Isles for flirting with Yoga Instructor.
(Feel free to click any of the photos for the enlarged version...)
3. Rizzles show up at the crime scene. Isles sees that the girl had needle pricks from checking her blood sugar. But what really caught her attention was how this designer clothes wearing woman had short fingernails instead of the long straight girl french tips.
Of course, Isles never makes assumptions so she checks the victim's iPad.
Yep, huge lezzie with the beautiful Brenda Strong (LOVE her. She was in those Mormon movies The Work and the Glory. And now a lesbian. A woman after my own heart...)
4. Rizzoli lovingly and tenderly strokes Brenda Strong's hand.
5. We already found out that Isles knows cars. Now we find out that she can lube up her own car (and likely other things...)
6. Rizzoli just bats her eyelashes at Isles and gets what she wants.
7. The double date. Obviously with their beards. And we find out that Isles may be Yoga Instructor's beard too... Rizzoli relates her story of tackling a naked guy on her first week on the job. Yoga Instructor says, "That sounds like fun."
8. And then there's the part where Isles goes into the bathroom to help shave Rizzoli.
9. "Let's go to my bedroom to look at potential lesbian dates! We can really "relax" there..."
10. "I would be the guy." "Why would you be the guy?" And Rizzoli answers, "Because," in a tone that says, "Duh!" I think she really means that she's a top...
11. Rizzoli is offended that she's not Isles type. I have often told friends that they aren't my type. Were they offended? No. Why? Because they don't want me either. Isles just laughs and shoots Rizzoli a look that says, "Of course you're my type." And the way Isles explains it all is in a way that says she's definitely thought about her type of woman before.
11. "Oh, I know it's not even 10 pm, but let me fall asleep on your bed 'on accident.'" Right...
12. BEST LINE EVER: "What you think of as a great guy is an average woman." So true, Rizzoli, so true.
13. "Oh, let me change clothes right in the middle of the club."
Let's talk about Angie Harmon's body... Right, no words necessary.
I haven't been waiting for Isles to show some fantastic cleavage at all...