Friday, August 6, 2010

The Big C

Who woulda thunk that a TV show about cancer could be so hilarious? I just watched the pilot online (go to Showtime's website or curvemag.com-->I chose the latter to support my lezzie friends). Brilliant. Laura Linney is an amazing actress. It's funny, sad, and... fantastic. Parts seem like really good theater, specifically Linney's monologue at the end.

The premise of the show is--Laura Linney has cancer. And she's gonna live the hell out of her last days. She goes to a restaurant and orders just "desserts and liquor."
Besides Linney, the girl from Precious is in it. Their exchange so far has been hilarious. Linney's character accepts her fate and is now no longer afraid to shoot her mouth off and speak her mind. Seriously, I literally laughed out loud quite a few times.

To top it all off... Let me remind the world what Laura Linney looks like (alliteration!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is random but I'm also a utah mormon who is feeling things about girls that everyone says I shouldn't. I was just wondering how old you were?

MormonLesbian said...

I'm 21. Also, if you ever want to talk or anything, you can email me at mormonlesbian@gmail.com