Monday, August 16, 2010

I Always Want More Moore

Within the last year, I have seen Private Lives of Pippa Lee, A Single Man, and Chloe. The common thread? Julianne Moore. Seriously, I'd watch that woman read the phone book.

The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
I love Julianne Moore (who gets all of three seconds in the film)

(Even with a mullet I think she's gorgeous),

Robin Wright (especially without the "Penn"),

Maria Bello, and Winona Ryder.

And all four brilliantly talented and stunning women came together in Pippa Lee.
I loved this film. The interactions between Ryder and Wright's characters were hysterical.

A Single Man... I love Colin Firth and, again, Julianne Moore. There was a lot of the film that I didn't really care for. I didn't like a lot of the things Firth's character did, but it was still heartbreaking and a great film. I have to admit that I weeped like a little girl throughout pretty much the whole first five minutes. The cinematography alone was brilliant. I will watch anything Tom Ford directs in the future. The whole scene where Julianne Moore is on the phone and putting makeup on in front of her vanity mirror is gorgeous.


Lastly, Chloe. Despite what happens in the film and in the trailers, I would hardly call this film "lesbian" in any way. Well, I'd say it's "lesbian-adjacent." It definitely proves that you can sleep with a woman and in no way be a lesbian. But once again, cinematography, wow. And once again, the use of mirrors and windows. Atom Egoyan, another brilliant director. And Julianne Moore was ridiculously gorgeous throughout.

Side note, I do not understand how people think Amanda Seyfried is attractive. She does nothing for me. The eyes are too big and too far apart for me, and I'm just not into big foreheads. But I'm sure she's a lovely girl... And after seeing Chloe, I can now say that her body does absolutely nothing for me either. Julianne Moore on the other hand... Let's just say, if she's reading that phone book, I wouldn't mind if she were naked.

In R&I news, I'm so excited for the "Lesbian" episode tonight! Excited to be disappointed, yes. But to also excited for some gratifying sexual tension.

Adorable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WINONA RYDER IS A GODDESS