Thursday, September 9, 2010

ScarJo

Yesterday, I put Scarlett Johansson in my "Girls With Guns" post.
Initially, I didn't get the hype over Scarlett Johansson. Looks-wise, she didn't do much for me. I'm just not into big lips (see also Amanda Seyfried and Angelina Jolie). And I enjoyed her in all of the roles I'd seen her in, but I never found her all too thrilling.
And then I saw Ghost World. Ghost World is a very underrated film about two teenagers that feel alienated from society. Netflix kept telling me that I would like it, so I finally broke down and rented it. I really did enjoy it.

Here are some things you may not know about Scarlett Johansson:
*She's a twin.

*She's a talented singer.
Her album Anywhere I Lay My Head came out in 2008, and it was decent. Also, the band Steel Train released an all-female cover album of their stuff entitled Terrible Thrills, Vol. 1. ScarJo sings the track, "Bullet." (Note: Tegan & Sara, Holly Miranda, and Alia Shawkat [Arrested Development, Whip It] are also featured on the album. Seriously, good stuff).
This is definitely my favorite song of hers ("Relator" with Pete Yorn)

*She'll be playing Black Widow in the upcoming Joss Whedon film The Avengers (Unfortunately not the Emma Peel Avengers...).
And she will be wearing a skin-tight black costume.


Alright, Scarlett... You may have me converted.

No comments: